Monday, February 8, 2010

EIR Practical 6

Generally, I feel that it is more effective to search for relevant information using invisible web database, like Academic Search Premier and ERIC, compared to using other search facilities available.

Here are the reasons why,

1) Resources are reliable

2) All hits will mostly be relevant to research questions

3) Gives lots of resources that includes Academic Journals and Magazines.

As a student of Temasek Polytechnic, I have been given access to a variety of databases. This allows me to expand my search on my research topic on these databases to find any relevant information.

However, even though all these information that I find will be reliable, the resources will be a heavy read to anyone because one of these journals can be up to 10 pages of text with the text is of a very small font! This is especially a challenge for me as it is just 10 pages full of text with no illustration, unlike other search engines like Google.

During the course of my study in Communications and Media Management, I had to make use of the Academic Premier to do a literature review for a module call Basic Media Research. I had to come up with my own research topic and then find research journals from the Academic Premier to back up my research topic. Thus, using these databases became a norm for me as I have to go on each day to find enough journals to support whatever I came up with.

I did not have much information to share on the wiki page as I haven't had time once again to research on my topic. However, I have started during the tutorial and found there are different type of euthanasia. There is voluntary euthanasia, non-voluntary euthanasia and involuntary euthanasia.

Voluntary euthanasia is that people is suffering and want to be killed. Non-voluntary euthanasia is that the people is unable to make the decision or make their wishes known. Involuntary euthanasia is that the people don't want to die but they are killed nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment